What do the chargers statuses mean? What does it mean when my charger status is "Energy Transfer Stopped"?
These are related to the charger's "state" as defined by the J1772 protocol, plus an additional "offline" state to communicate whether the unit is offline on the EVOS network. See below for a synopsis of each state:
- Available - Charger is online and no vehicle is plugged in.
- Preparing - Charger has been plugged in and the car is ready to charge, but the EVSE is waiting for permission from the cloud to charge. You usually see "Preparing" while you are waiting for the driver to enter their payment details.
- Charging - Car is being charged
- Energy Transfer Stopped - Vehicle was charging, but the EVSE has been told to stop either because the car requested it (for instance if the battery is full) or if the cloud requests it (For instance, in some situations our Load Management cloud service may pause the charging temporarily to balance the load). This is typically done to keep the session active, so the car can "top up" if it is plugged in for an extended period of time.
- Error - Charger has reported an error. If the unit has an error during a charge, the session will immediately end. You can see the specific error codes from errored chargers in the CPO dashboard.
- Offline - Charger has lost internet connection and/or has been turned off.